Are algae blooms dangerous?

Some algae blooms can produce toxins that are harmful to people, pets and livestock. Cyanobacteria, or blue green algae, are the most notorious for creating nuisance conditions. They can cause rashes and other symptoms of an allergic reaction. When swallowed, algae can cause stomach upset, or in more extreme cases, liver poisoning or numbness in hands and feet or dizziness.

Showing 1 reaction

Please check your e-mail for a link to activate your account.
  • Blink Marketing
    published this page in The Lakes FAQ 2018-09-18 15:40:32 -0500